How to Improve Skin Tone Naturally
------- Credit and respect to Stephen Johnson, Quora for posting this --
A beautiful clear skin tone is a dream of everyone. There may not be a fountain of healthy skin, but the food we eat and how we treat ourselves can prevent or even reverse the damages we have done to our skin. Your body needs the right nutrients to fight off damage, and your skin is no different. Nutrients help the cells replicate and have more energy.
Take a look at these simple and easy ways to maintain or improve your natural beauty.
- Drink Green Tea: The epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) found in helps in preventing the collagen destruction which leads to wrinkles as well as sun-induced DNA damage in the skin .
- Stay hydrated: Even with a small amount of dehydration, your body functions in a less optimal way. The instant you're dehydrated, it will take a toll on your skin, causing it to look dull, flaky, saggy and loose. Drinking water also helps your body to flush out the toxins that makes your body more healthy.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise does not necessarily means going to the gym, you can also try rope skipping, yoga, cycling or swimming. It increases the circulation of oxygen and nutrients and releases toxins through sweat, which leads to clearer, firmer skin.
- Healthy Diet: Getting the best nutrition is essential for maintaining healthy skin. Indeed, though it is impossible to prevent the process of ageing skin, good nutrition can help maintain a healthy complexion. Scientific studies have shown that a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts, yoghurt, eggs, vegetable oils, whole grains, tea and water results in less ageing and skin wrinkling .
- Use natural skin products: Many skincare products contain harsh chemicals. When choosing moisturizers or makeup, research the ingredients in them the best you can to confirm that they're safe. Also, using , let’s us reap the benefits of the nature as they use organic elements to make the products.
- Keep Stress in Check: Stress increases the body’s production of hormones such as cortisol, which can make skin oilier and decrease its ability to fight off acne-causing bacteria. Practice stress-management techniques, like yoga, deep breathing, and meditation which will help you to lead a stress free life.
- Sun Protection: Never, i repeat never leave your house without applying sunscreen. Also, don’t forget your sun glasses and cap so that along with your skin, your eyes & hairs are also protected from the harmful UV rays.
- Have a good night sleep: Make sure that you not only sleep for eight hours a night, but that it is quality sleep because your skin rejuvenates and repairs itself mostly while you are asleep.
Try out these points and fulfill your dream of having that beautiful & glowing tone because GLOWING & HEALTHY SKIN IS ALWAYS IN.